Robert Banta, a long time friend of labor certification and PERM, will host the first of three PERM sessions on ILW.COM on September 30, 2010.
Robert is the Managing Partner of Banta Immigration Law Limited, Atlanta's largest law firm practicing exclusively business immigration law. He received his B.A. degree from Davidson College, his M.A. degree in Romance Languages (French) from Duke University and his J.D. degree from Vanderbilt University. He is recognized for his immigration expertise in The Best Lawyers in America, The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers, Atlanta magazine's list of the Best Lawyers in Atlanta, and Georgia Super Lawyers.
Robert is a PERM expert who has lectured and written for many years on all aspects of labor certificaion and PERM. Of special note is the article Robert wrote for the PERM Book, "As If You Owned the Place," a must-have resource tool for cases where aliens either own or control a company applying for labor certification.
The panel, under Robert's guidance, will discuss the following topics:
FIRST Phone Session on September 30: Update on Recent PERM Problems
- Inconsistencies, omissions and errors on PERM Forms
- Tips to Avoid Audits
- Applying for PERM in an Economic Downturn
SECOND Phone Session on October 14: Issues with Notice, Recruitment and Advertising
- Content of Ads : Too much or too little?
- Professional Recruitment : Recent Trends
- Problems in Documenting Recruitment
THIRD Phone Session on November 4: DOL Communications, Reconsiderations and Appeals
- Audits and denials ; Void for Vagueness
- Conclusory Findings and the DOL Record File
- Using the Administrative Procedure Act to Win Your Case
Please tune in for cutting edge guidance on difficult PERM issues.