Write For Immigration Daily
Reap the benefits of being an Immigration Daily Featured Author:
Submit your article to: email@example.com.
- Reach our diverse readership, including: immigration attorneys, HR professionals, immigrants, government officials,
media representatives, non-profit groups
- Increase your visibility - the "About the Author" section in your article can include links to your website and your contact info
- Get your time-sensitive articles into readers' hands quickly
- Our style is inclusive and flexible regarding footnotes and length
- Authors who write for other immigration law publishers should note that an author can reserve copyright and then assign reproduction rights to an immigration law publisher, local publications, and Immigration Daily, thus getting maximum mileage from your scholarly efforts
Doctors, Nurses And Other Health Professionals: Current Immigration Issues
The curriculum for our new seminar "Doctors, Nurses And Other Health
Professionals: Current Immigration Issues" is as follows:
FIRST Phone Session on April 29:
1. Current Issues in Obtaining - or Avoiding - the J-1 Options for Medical
Residents under the H-1B Cap
2. Waivers for Doctors: The State of the Art
- Arguing "Exemption" for Non-Profit Hospitals
- Current Issues in O-1 eligibility for clinicians
- I-140/I-485 Options for Residents
- Conrad 30 options: the best and worst states
- Specialists in the Conrad 30 program
- H-1B cap issues for waiver cases
- The VA solution: NIW-based I-485 before the waiver is approved
- Dealing with changes in employment
SECOND Phone Session on May 20:
Nurses and Allied Health Care Professionals
1. Final rules related to the certification of foreign-educated healthcare
2. Schedule A Labor Certification Issues
- application to TN and temporary visas
- initial application and adjustment of status
- transition period
- USCIS approval of certifying agencies
- How the rule will affect recruitment
3. Other Hot Occupations for Immigrant Health Care Professionals
- Qualifying employment for Schedule A
- Visa processing in India and the Philippines
- Success rate on the NCLEX-RN for the foreign educated nurse
- Other countries for Nurse Recruitment
- Pharmacists, Dentists, and Chiropractors
- PTs, OTs, and other therapists
- Medical technologists
THIRD Phone Session on June 21:
Health Care Licensing for Foreign-Educated
1. State Licensing Issues
- Other Health Professionals
The deadline to register is Tuesday, April 27th. For more info, including
detailed curriculum, speaker bios,
and registration information, see: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/april2004.shtm. (Fax version:
Presidential Papers Series: Remarks and Statement on Signing the Immigration Act of 1990
President Bush sent this message to Congress on November 29, 1990.
Keep on top of the latest in immigration law! Attend ILW.COM seminars! You can attend ILW.COM phone seminars from the convenience of your office! For more info on the seminars currently available, please click here: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/
Immigration Law News
Attorney General Does Not Have Purely Discretionary Authority To Remove Alien For Marriage Fraud
In Nakamoto v. Ashcroft, No. 03-70421 (9th Cir. Apr. 1, 2004), the court said that the Attorney General's authority to remove an alien for marriage fraud was not specified by statute to be entirely discretionary under 8 USC 1227(a)(1)(G).
Immigration Reform Can Help Mexicans Assimiliate
A Christian Science Monitor op-ed says "But despite [Samuel] Huntington's pessimism, the reality is that such an outcome is not inevitable for Mexicans in the US."
31 Navy Contractor Employees Arrested On Immigration Charges
The San Jose Mercury News reports authorities saying "Thirty-one employees of a Navy contractor who have access to military installations and vessels were arrested Thursday on immigration charges."
Attorney listings on ILW.COM are searched 200,000 times/year! Each attorney listed is searched an average of once each day! Just one new client will pay for the entire year's fee! Click here for more info: http://www.ilw.com/membership/
Immigration Law Conference
The Center for Migration Studies, in association with the Fordham School of Law will present the 27th Annual National Legal Conference on Immigration and Refugee Policy – "Navigating Through the Immigration Labyrinth in Post-9/11 America" on May 25-26, 2004 in New York City. The conference will consist of presentations + Q&A sessions on a wide-range of immigration topics. Immigration professionals, government officials, HR professionals, and non-profit reps should not miss the chance to hear noted experts in the field speak. Participants will have the rare opportunity to interact with key policymakers at this unique international event. Topics will include the transition to the DHS, including the impact of both policy and process, as well as an overview of business, family, and asylum issues facing the immigration law and policy community. For more info, including detailed curriculum, speaker line-up, and registration information, visit: http://www.cmsny.org/27th-annual.htm.
Help Wanted: Experienced Legal Assistants
Legal Assistants needed for Pederson & Freedman LLP, a small established employee-friendly
immigration law firm in downtown Washington, D.C., with a broad based international
practice, including J-1 physicians, allied health care workers, consular
processing, business and general immigration practice. Large volume of
O-1 and EB I cases. Opportunities for travel. The firm seeks experienced
individuals with 2+ years experience in the field of immigration.
Qualified candidates must have well developed web/computer skills, ability
to consistently multitask and the flexibility needed for providing
excellence in client service. Excellent oral and written communication
skills are required. We offer a competitive salary + benefits package
and a chance to enhance your already developed immigration skills.
Opportunities for advancement are excellent. Please email resume to Roberta
Freedman at: firstname.lastname@example.org. All replies will be held in
Case Management Technology
If you're looking to grow your immigration business, efficiency is critical. Developed by veteran immigration attorneys, VisaPrep helps attorneys handle more cases and increase profitability with technology successfully used for immigration matters since 1997. Our easy-to-use, secure online solution helps you streamline immigration processing. With VisaPrep, non-legal functions are performed automatically to save time and reduce filing errors. Clients can check the status of their case online and you can easily monitor their cases online. And with our exclusive VisaPrep Response Wizard(tm), you'll be able to answer most client questions quicker than ever before. With VisaPrep, you get simple pricing, free training and unlimited support. Many immigration technology vendors make promises - VisaPrep delivers. Call 866-VISAPREP (866-847-2773) or e-mail us at email@example.com to see a demonstration.
We carry advertisements for Help Wanted: Attorney, Help Wanted: Paralegal, Help Wanted: Other, Positions Sought, Products & Services Offered, etc.
For information on advertising in the classifieds please click here
For a listing of current immigration events please click here
For services/products of use in your law practice please click here
Letters to the Editor
An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice.
Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a
qualified attorney. Send Correspondence and articles to firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. Opinions expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily reflect the opinion of ILW.COM.