ILW.COM - the immigration portal Immigration Daily

Home Page

Advanced search

Immigration Daily


Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board



Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation


CLE Workshops

Immigration books

Advertise on ILW

VIP Network


Chinese Immig. Daily


Connect to us

Make us Homepage



The leading
immigration law
publisher - over
50000 pages of free

Immigration LLC.

< Back to current issue of Immigration Daily < Back to current issue of Immigrant's Weekly

Current Work Distribution of Form I-129 Between VSC and CSC

May 23, 2006

The two service centers are currently adjudicating the petitions based on the requested classification as indicated below:

California Service Center
P.O. Box 10129
Laguna Niguel, CA 92607
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden St.
St. Albans, Vermont 05479
Initial and Extension
E-1, E-2
O-1 (except for Major League Sports) and O2
P-1 and P-1S support personnel (for entertainment groups only); P-2 and P-2S support personnel;
P-3 and P-3S support personnel

Extension Only
H-1B (all sub-categories, except for Singapore-Chile Free Trade).
Initial Only
H-1B (all subcategories)

Initial and Extension
E-3 Australian Free Trade
H-1B1 (Singapore Chile Free Trade only)
H-2A, H-2B, and H-3
L-1A, L-1B, and L-Blanket
O-1 (for Major League Sports only)*
P-1 and P-1S (for Major League Sports only)*
TN-1 and TN-2

* Major league athletes in baseball, hockey, soccer, basketball and football. Support personnel includes: coaches, trainers, broadcasters, referees, linesmen, umpires, and interpreters.

Exceptions apply:

  • If the person is a Canadian citizen applying for admission as an L-1 under the North American Free Trade Agreement, the petition may be filed at the port of entry when the person applies for admission;
  • All TN (NAFTA) Form I-129ís are filed at the Vermont Service Center.

The basic fee for an I-129 petition is noted in the I-129 Forms Entry Page, but there may be additional fees depending on the type of petition you are filing. (For an additional fee, employers may also request faster processing of certain applications and petitions by submitting a Form I-907.) For more information, please refer to the Forms and Fees page.