Citations for ILW.COM's Seminar
Investors And Entrepreneurs: Immigration Options
Session 3 held on April 3, 2008
For more info, or to signup online, click here.
For more info, or to signup by fax, click here.
From Linda W. Lau
Web site addresses that might be useful in handling EB-5 cases:
Letter from Linda Lau to seminar session attendees (Excerpt: "I would like to mention the topic of "alternatives to EB-5 [...]. I believe that as practitioners servicing investor clients, it is helpful to be aware of immigrant investor options outside the U.S.")
- For the national average, go to the website of the Bureau of Labor Statistics of the U.S. Department of Labor: http://www.bls.gov/cps/home.htm
- For regional rates by census tract, go to your state workforce agency's website for statistics. In California, the web address to search for unemployment rates is http://www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.gov/cgi/dataanalysis/AreaSelection.asp?tableName=Labforce.
- In California, the California Labor and Workforce Development Agency is the agency authorized to designate high unemployment areas. In May 2007 announced the areas that qualify as targeted employment areas in California in its May 2007 publication titled "Federal Investor Visa Program. This document is available at http://www.labor.ca.gov/calBIS/cbfederalvisaprog.pdf
- To determine whether an area qualifies for the $500,000 investment option based on being a "rural area" (any area other than an area within a metropolitan statistical area or within the outer boundary of any city or town having a population of 20,000 or more, based on the most recent decennial census of the United States):
- Contact information for EB-5 business plan writer whom we use: Nelson Lopez of Infinite Enterprises: (626) 823-4733. The company's web address is www.nelmarbusinesssolutions.com.
Share this page
Bookmark this page
The leading immigration law publisher - over 50000 pages of free information!
© Copyright 1995- American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM