PERM Practice Tips
Citations for ILW.COM's Seminar
PERM Practice Tips
For more info, or to signup online, click here.
For more info, or to signup by fax, click here.
From Mark D. Koestler
- January 25, 1993 letter from Edward H. Skerrett (posted on InfoNet on 3/10/93) and published in the 4/93 AILA monthly mailing - regarding changing employers after approval of I-140 EB-1(1) but before adjustment of status
- May 4, 2004 Memo from William Yates on determination of ability to pay
- "Function Manager Petitions - Ad Hoc Tests and Legal Authorities" by Michael Ryvin and Ronald Wada 13 Bender's Immig. Bulletin 673 (June 1, 2008)
- January 27, 1999 Thomas Simmons letter on New Business Ls - published in March 1999 AILA monthly mailing (p 239-240)
- September 12, 2006 Memo from Michael Aytes attaching revisions to Adjudicator's Field Manual
From Lori Melton
- Memo from Michael Aytes, June 6, 2006 - Guidance on the Requirement of a “Permanent Offer of Employment” for Outstanding Professors or Researchers AILA Doc. No. 06060860
- AAO Decision regarding the research Matter of ______, WAC-99-016-52605 (AAO Feb. 6, 2001)
- AAO Decision discussing awards and grants Matter of _____, LIN-06-210-52939 (AAO Jan. 18, 2008)
AAO Decision discussing awards in the context of scholarships, in-house company awards and patents Matter of _____, LIN-067-52301 (AAO Mar. 31, 2008)
- EB-2 Progressively Responsible memo mentioned can be found at AILA Doc. No. 00070371 or at 65 Fed. Reg. 128, 41093 (2000).
From Mark Murov
- EB statute is Immigration and Nationality Act 203(b)(2) A, B and C.
- Immigrant visa petition regs on the degree requirement are at 8 CRF 204.5(k), and at (3) are the two alternative requirements, both of which require an actual, specific degree, and in the case of a Bachelor’s, also 5 years of progressive experience, which must be post Baccalaureate.
- H-1B equivalency regs, by contrast, are at 8 CRF 214.2(h)(4)(iii)(D).
About The Author
Joel Stewart are the speakers for PERM Practice Tips. To purchase an audio CD of all 3 sessions, see here.
The opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the opinion of ILW.COM.